Saturday, June 7, 2008

*Finally*


After not having the...time, inclination, wherewithal, energy, juice...take your pick, I finally did something creative today. I had stashed away my maternal grandmother's locket for quite awhile and found it again last week.

I wanted to do something other than just wear it on a chain or a ribbon, so today, I got out my never-before-actually-used-successfully-by-me Tricord Knotter. Since this locket has such a beautiful rosy gold hue, I decided to use garnet beads and pearls on a white cord. I am pleased with the results.

This locket is only one of two things that survived my grandmother's death. It contains the only photo I have of her as she was as a young woman. I'm guessing that it dates back to the very late 1800's, given that she wasn't yet 40 when she passed away. I've always known that I wanted to incorporate pearls but wasn't sure until today how.

I still have to add the clasp, but that means that I have to *find* the clasps first. There's always tomorrow...


1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

what a pretty way to showcase her locket. the pearls are a nice touch.

sorry to hear you are having to deal with that inpertinent time-waster called Life. It sucketh, right? yeah, me, too, lately...it suckeths my Muse right down the loo, and I'm left with nothing creative.

I wish I knew who Ethel was, but anyway, stay high and dry, I-O-Way girlfriend!