Thursday, May 8, 2008

altered cds



These were made for a fatbook I signed up for in one of my yahoo groups. It's a fatbook with the theme "Relics". I had something else entirely in mind to do for this, but I just couldn't make it work.

I decided to look up the word 'relic' and it sparked this idea. I printed these main photos of my greatgrandparents on our farm (circa late 1800's) on transparency. I found a nice grungy cardstock to cover the cd and then applied the transparency. I did a similar process for the back.
The photos in the slide holder are of my parents from their wedding photograph (circa 1937). The paper covering the holder is a brief family history that I wrote, translated into German (thanks to babelfish) and copy/pasted into MSword using the 'gothenburg' font. I then printed it out on old parchment paper. (old cos *I'm* old and I got it when was in high school).

The vial holds some soil from the farm and the key is an old skeleton key from my vast collection. The fibers are from an even vast-er collection.


No comments: